Back-end Web Development (11058.1)
|Level:||Level 2 - Undergraduate Intermediate Unit|
|Faculty:||Faculty of Arts and Design|
|Discipline:||School of Design and the Built Environment|
UC - Canberra, Bruce
Year Teaching Period Convener Mode of Delivery 2019 Semester 1 DR Ben ENNIS BUTLER (Ph: +61 2 62012262 ) ON-CAMPUS 2019 Semester 1 DR Raghavendra GUDUR (Ph: +61 2 62012318 ) ONLINE 2020 Semester 2 DR Ben ENNIS BUTLER (Ph: +61 2 62012262 ) ONLINE 2020 Semester 2 DR Ben ENNIS BUTLER (Ph: +61 2 62012262 ) ON-CAMPUS
To view your Unit Outline, click View to log in to MyUC and access this information, or visit your unit's online teaching site.
If a link to your Unit Outline is not displayed, please check back later. Unit Outlines are generally published by Week One of the relevant teaching period.
This unit introduces the fundamental server-side technologies that power modern web development. Students will be introduced to the principles of object-orientated programming, basic database design and content management systems. Through a mix of practical and theoretical project-based work, students will recognise the distinction between client-side and server-side languages and technology, as well as gain the knowledge and skills required to create fully featured web applications.
After successful completion of this unit, students will be able to:
1. Identify, analyse and implement appropriate server-side technologies;
2. Plan and develop a web application using data retrieved from a database; and
3. Critically evaluate, setup and maintain a content management system.
UC - Canberra, Bruce
Semester 1, 2019
- All Content is Delivered Online (ONLINE)
- On-Campus Attendance (Expected) and Online Content (ON-CAMPUS)
- Semester 1, 2019
Three hours of flexible interactive workshops, consisting of lectures, practical exercises, reports and seminars per week.
11055 Programming for Design
- MGAR02 Bachelor of Business/ Bachelor of Design
- ARB202 Bachelor of Design (Interaction Design)
- ARAR02 Bachelor of Design/Bachelor of Communication and Media
- SCAR03 Bachelor of Laws/Bachelor of Design
- SCAR04 Bachelor of Politics and International Relations/Bachelor of Design
- 330JA Bachelor of Secondary Education (Health and Physical Education)
- 327JA Bachelor of Secondary Education/Bachelor of Arts
- 328JA Bachelor of Secondary Education/Bachelor of Science