BE: Design Studio (11020.1)
|Level:||Level 1 - Undergraduate Introductory Unit|
|Faculty:||Faculty of Arts and Design|
|Discipline:||School of Design and the Built Environment|
UC - University of Canberra College, Bruce
Year Teaching Period Convener Mode of Delivery 2019 UC College Trimester 2 Mrs Jane CASSIDY (Ph: +61 2 62012913 ) ON-CAMPUS 2020 UC College Trimester 2 Mrs Jane CASSIDY (Ph: +61 2 62012913 ) ON-CAMPUS
UC - Canberra, Bruce
Year Teaching Period Convener Mode of Delivery 2019 Semester 2 MR Max MAXWELL (Ph: ) ON-CAMPUS 2020 Semester 2 MR Max MAXWELL (Ph: ) ON-CAMPUS
To view your Unit Outline, click View to log in to MyUC and access this information, or visit your unit's online teaching site.
- Semester 2, 2019, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (184261) - View
- UC College Trimester 2, 2019, ON-CAMPUS, UCC-BRUCE (192476) - View
If a link to your Unit Outline is not displayed, please check back later. Unit Outlines are generally published by Week One of the relevant teaching period.
Design Studio introduces design as a process of investigation, critical observation, and experimentation using three-dimensional and two-dimensional material testing of ideas. Through a cycle of modules, students pursue increasing levels of design abstraction through making and drawing. Students are provided foundational knowledge and skills relevant to the disciplines of architecture, interior design, and landscape design and immersed in studio culture. Projects are formulated to introduce concepts such as point, line, plane; issues such as scale in relation to the human body, site and environmental contexts; and basic techniques of three-dimensional composition.
After successful completion of this unit, students will be able to:
1. Identify specific characteristics of design processes in architecture, interior design, and landscape design;
2. Explain design processes within a framework of creative thinking;
3. Explore composition strategies and concepts using a range of mediums and techniques; and
4. Apply a range of skills to three-dimensional and two-dimensional testing of ideas.
- UC - Canberra, Bruce
- UC - University of Canberra College, Bruce
Three hours per week.
8405 Design Studio 1.2 (Architecture) 8968 Studio 2
- BM0017 Breadth Major in Architectural Studies
- BM0018 Breadth Major in Interior Architecture
- BM0019 Breadth Major in Landscape Architecture
- BM0023 Breadth Major in the Built Environment
- SM0013 Specialist Major in Architecture
- SM0014 Specialist Major in Interior Architecture
- SM0015 Specialist Major in Landscape Architecture