Occupational Therapy Toolbox 1 (10301.1)
|Level:||Undergraduate First Year Level|
|Faculty:||Faculty of Health|
|Discipline:||Discipline of Occupational Therapy|
UC - Canberra, Bruce
Year Teaching Period Convener Mode of Delivery 2019 Semester 2 DR Craig GREBER (Ph: +61 2 62068585 ) ON-CAMPUS 2020 Semester 2 DR Craig GREBER (Ph: +61 2 62068585 ) INTENSIVE
To view your Unit Outline, click View to log in to MyUC and access this information, or visit your unit's online teaching site.
- Semester 2, 2019, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (188084) - View
- Semester 2, 2018, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (174006) - View
If a link to your Unit Outline is not displayed, please check back later. Unit Outlines are generally published by Week One of the relevant teaching period.
The aim of this unit is to introduce the students to the common tools occupational therapists use when working with individuals. These include basic assessments and interventions related to self-care, productivity and leisure. Through a case based format, students will learn how impairments in body structure and function influence occupational performance and participation. Students will have an opportunity to adopt an occupational perspective to the management of these impairments.
This unit is co-taught with 9071 Occupational Therapy Toolbox 1 PG.
On successful completion of this unit, students will be able to:
1. Understand the role of the occupational therapist in the assessment and provision of occupational therapy services for people with impairments;
2. Understand the physiological mechanisms underpinning impairments of some neurological conditions;
3. Exercise competent clinical reasoning in the provision of occupational therapy services to people with impairments; and
4. Apply essential practice education skills (e.g. observation, communication, documentation, manual handling and infection control).
UC - Canberra, Bruce
- Semester 2, 2019
- Semester 2, 2018
3 hours per week of interactive workshops.
10299 Introduction to Occupational Therapy
Must be enrolled in 1300 Foundations of Occupational Therapy AND the 373JA Bachelor of Occupational Therapy.
9071 Occupational Therapy Toolbox 1 PG