Integrating Nursing Concepts 3 (10205.1)
|Level:||Level 2 - Undergraduate Intermediate Unit|
|HECS Bands:||1, 4|
|Faculty:||Faculty of Health|
|Discipline:||Discipline of Nursing|
UC - Canberra, Bruce
Year Teaching Period Convener Mode of Delivery 2019 Semester 1 MS Janet JENISTA (Ph: +61 2 62015982 ) ON-CAMPUS 2020 Semester 1 MS Fiona JAMES (Ph: +61 2 62068673 ) ON-CAMPUS
To view your Unit Outline, click View to log in to MyUC and access this information, or visit your unit's online teaching site.
- Semester 1, 2019, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (189831) - View
If a link to your Unit Outline is not displayed, please check back later. Unit Outlines are generally published by Week One of the relevant teaching period.
Integrating Nursing Concepts 3 represents the first nursing concept integration unit of Phase Two of the course and builds upon the learning from foundation units across Phase One. The unit integrates concepts from the second Therapeutic Use of Self unit, human biochemistry and the first Health Across the Lifespan unit. Students will have the opportunity to engage with the concepts from those units and apply them to contemporary nursing practice through immersive simulation, interactive workshops and workplace experience. The particular focus of the unit will be child, family and community health.
On successful completion of this unit, students will be able to:
1. Articulate the role comprehensive health assessment plays in providing safe and quality nursing practice for individuals, families and communities;
2. Demonstrate foundational skills in effective planning, delivery and evaluation of safe and quality nursing practice;
3. Engage, beyond the foundation level, with contemporary evidence to inform nursing practice;
4. Demonstrate foundational skills in effective communication within the interdisciplinary healthcare team;
5. Demonstrate the ability to reflect in and on practice so as to inform further development of safe and quality nursing care;
6. Demonstrate an effective use of knowledge of the healthcare care system;
7. Engage consumers as partners in their own care through effective listening and meaningful communication; and
8. Practice in ways that ensure care is respectful and supportive of people with diverse backgrounds.
UC - Canberra, Bruce
Semester 1, 2019
- On-Campus Attendance (Expected) and Online Content (ON-CAMPUS)
- Semester 1, 2019
5 hours per week, consisting of 2 hour Interactive workshop, 1 hour online Pre-workshop learning activities and 2 hour simulation.
10204 Integrating Nursing Concepts 2 (Capstone 1) OR 9060 Learning for Professional Practice 2.
Must be enrolled in 364JA Bachelor of Nursing or 365JA Bachelor of Nursing Advanced. Must be enrolled in unit 10196 Health Across the Lifespan: Child and Family Health OR 9044 Introduction to Mental Health.
Learning for Professional Practice 3, 9046.