Integrating Nursing Concepts 2 (Capstone 1) (10204.1)
|Level:||Level 1 - Undergraduate Introductory Unit|
|HECS Bands:||1, 4|
|Faculty:||Faculty of Health|
|Discipline:||Discipline of Nursing|
UC - Canberra, Bruce
Year Teaching Period Convener Mode of Delivery 2019 Semester 2 MS Alicia HIND (Ph: ) ON-CAMPUS 2020 Semester 2 MS Alicia HIND (Ph: ) ON-CAMPUS
To view your Unit Outline, click View to log in to MyUC and access this information, or visit your unit's online teaching site.
- Semester 2, 2019, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (188081) - View
- Semester 2, 2018, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (184168) - View
If a link to your Unit Outline is not displayed, please check back later. Unit Outlines are generally published by Week One of the relevant teaching period.
Integrating Nursing Concepts 2 (INC 2) represents the first capstone unit of the course and provides students with the opportunity to integrate learning from foundation units across Phase One. The unit engages the concepts from those units and applies them to contemporary nursing practice through immersive simulation, interactive workshops and workplace experience. The goal of the unit is to further develop conceptual understanding of foundational critical principles as a basis for practice.
On successful completion of this unit, students will be able to:
1. Articulate the role comprehensive health assessment plays in providing safe and quality nursing care for individuals, families and communities;
2. Demonstrate foundational skills in effective planning, delivery and evaluation of safe and quality nursing care;
3. Engage, beyond the foundation level, with contemporary evidence to inform nursing practice;
4. Demonstrate foundational skills in effective communication within the interdisciplinary healthcare team;
5. Demonstrate the ability to reflect in and on practice so as to inform further development of safe and quality nursing care;
6. Demonstrate an effective use of knowledge of the healthcare care system;
7. Engage consumers as partners in their own care through effective listening and meaningful communication; and
8. Practice in ways that ensure care is respectful and supportive of people with diverse backgrounds.
UC - Canberra, Bruce
- Semester 2, 2019
Semester 2, 2018
On-Campus Attendance (Expected) and Online Content (ON-CAMPUS)
- Assessment 1. Quizzes There will be five quizzes throughout semester. They will open at the beginning of week 2, 4, 6, 9 & 11 and remain open for two weeks. ( 4% each - total of 20% of final grade. )
- Assessment 2: Evidence for Practice essay. (30% )
- Assessment 3: Objective Structured Clinical Assessment (OSCA) (50% (Please note: students must pass OSCA to pass the Unit). )
- Assessment 4: Participation in 80% of learning activities. (Non-graded pass/fail )
- Assessment 5: Clinical placement. (Non-graded Pass/Fail only )
- On-Campus Attendance (Expected) and Online Content (ON-CAMPUS)