Built Environment Technology 2 (10188.1)
|Level:||Undergraduate Second Year Level|
|Faculty:||Faculty of Arts and Design|
|Discipline:||Discipline of Built Environment and Design|
UC - Canberra, Bruce
Year Teaching Period Convener Mode of Delivery 2017 Semester 1 DR John TING (Ph: +61 2 62012045 ) ON-CAMPUS 2017 Winter Term DR John TING (Ph: +61 2 62012045 ) ON-CAMPUS 2018 Semester 1 DR John TING (Ph: +61 2 62012045 ) ON-CAMPUS
To view your Unit Outline, click View to log in to MyUC and access this information, or visit your unit's online teaching site.
- Winter Term, 2017, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (173984) - View
- Semester 1, 2017, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (169370) - View
To locate a Unit Outline for a Unit prior to 2015 click here.
If a link to your Unit Outline is not displayed, please check back later. Unit Outlines are generally published by Week One of the relevant teaching period.
In this unit students will be looking at small to medium scale buildings and structures, their architecture, construction, structural, environmental characteristics, and site investigation. Integration of building services requirements into structural design and construction of small to medium scale buildings and structures are analysed. Students demonstrate application of materials in construction through precedence analysis, experimentation and documentation. Students will apply appropriate Australian standards and building codes and illustrate these through technical documentation.
After successful completion of this unit, students will be able to:
1. Demonstrate appropriate building system selection for small to medium scale buildings and structures.
2. Demonstrate knowledge of material properties and selection for building and architectural applications.
3. Demonstrate an understanding of the impact of historic precedence on contemporary construction.
4. Examine architectural and construction parameters in order to understand how structure, building services, and environmental performance integrate.
5. Apply relevant Australian standards and building codes.
UC - Canberra, Bruce
- Winter Term, 2017
Semester 1, 2017
- On-Campus Attendance (Expected) and Online Content (ON-CAMPUS)
3 hours per week
Digital Environment, 8330 AND Built Environment Technology 1, 10187 OR Technology Laboratory 8335
8397 Architecture Technology 1