Industry & Community Engagement (Internships) (10115.3)
|Level:||Undergraduate Third Year Level|
|Faculty:||Faculty of Arts and Design|
|Discipline:||Discipline of Communication and Media|
UC - Canberra, Bruce
Year Teaching Period Convener Mode of Delivery 2018 Semester 1 MRS Natalie LARKINS (Ph: +61 2 62012277 ) INTERNPLCE 2018 Winter Term MRS Natalie LARKINS (Ph: +61 2 62012277 ) FLEXIBLE 2018 Semester 2 MRS Natalie LARKINS (Ph: +61 2 62012277 ) FLEXIBLE
UC - TAFE Queensland, South Bank
Year Teaching Period Convener Mode of Delivery 2018 Semester 2 MRS Natalie LARKINS (Ph: +61 2 62012277 ) ON-CAMPUS
To view your Unit Outline, click View to log in to MyUC and access this information, or visit your unit's online teaching site.
- Semester 2, 2018, FLEXIBLE, BRUCE (178764) - View
- Winter Term, 2018, FLEXIBLE, BRUCE (177621) - View
- Semester 1, 2018, INTERNPLCE, BRUCE (176536) - View
- Semester 2, 2017, FLEXIBLE, NSI-SL (170850) - View
- Semester 2, 2017, FLEXIBLE, BRUCE (170849) - View
- Winter Term, 2017, FLEXIBLE, BRUCE (170847) - View
- Semester 1, 2017, ON-CAMPUS, TQB-SB (171272) - View
- Semester 1, 2017, INTERNPLCE, BRUCE (170851) - View
- Semester 2, 2016, FLEXIBLE, NSI-SL (162890) - View
- Semester 2, 2016, FLEXIBLE, BRUCE (162889) - View
- Winter Term, 2016, FLEXIBLE, BRUCE (162888) - View
- Semester 1, 2016, INTERNPLCE, BRUCE (157643) - View
If a link to your Unit Outline is not displayed, please check back later. Unit Outlines are generally published by Week One of the relevant teaching period.
Students will complete approx 100 hours of a professional placement with an approved organisation, undertaking duties that are relevant to their degree and which develop a deeper understanding of their discipline and of working in their field in a professional capacity. Students will be required to critically analyse their experiences in light of their university studies and reflect on their personal and professional development as a result.
Assessment tasks in this unit will include producing a professional eportfolio and preparing a reflective report and presentation.
1. Express knowledge, ideas, arguments and opinions in their professional field with confidence and clarity, both orally and in written form;
2. Understand the professional and ethical requirements of their profession;
3. Critically analyse and reflect on professional environments and their role within them;
4. Select and use appropriate information and communication technology to retrieve, manipulate and present information;
5. Act responsibly, ethically and with integrity in a professional environment.
UC - Canberra, Bruce
- Semester 2, 2018
- Winter Term, 2018
- Semester 1, 2018
- Semester 2, 2017
- Winter Term, 2017
- Semester 1, 2017
- UC - TAFE NSW Northern Sydney, St Leonard's
- UC - TAFE Queensland, South Bank
48 credit points completed prior to undertaking unit. Student must be enrolled in a Faculty of Arts and Design degree.
Undergraduate-level knowledge of relevant disciplinary principles
Communication Internship, 9032
International Studies Internship, 8512
Communication Internship, 9490