Contemporary Issues in Economics (10085.1)
|Level:||Level 3 - Undergraduate Advanced Unit|
|HECS Bands:||2, 3|
|Faculty:||Faculty of Business, Government & Law|
|Discipline:||School of Government & Policy|
To view your Unit Outline, click View to log in to MyUC and access this information, or visit your unit's online teaching site.
- Semester 2, 2018, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (179613) - View
- Semester 2, 2017, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (167226) - View
- Semester 2, 2016, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (156371) - View
If a link to your Unit Outline is not displayed, please check back later. Unit Outlines are generally published by Week One of the relevant teaching period.
This unit focuses on the role of government in the economy in the light of relevant microeconomic and macroeconomic theories. Such analysis incorporates the policy constraints imposed by a country's political institutions and culture. Particular attention is paid to the pressures on policy making that arise from external constraints and institutions.
On successful completion of this unit, students will be able to use intermediate economic theory to:
1. Apply these theories to the analysis of contemporary economic problems in Australia; and
2. Argue the case for taking differing approaches to a range of important microeconomic and macroeconomic policy challenges.
UC - Canberra, Bruce
Semester 2, 2018
- On-Campus Attendance (Expected) and Online Content (ON-CAMPUS)
- Semester 2, 2017
- Semester 2, 2016
- Semester 2, 2018
150 learning hours per semester.
Introduction to Economics, 6355 OR Foundations of Microeconomics, 9518, AND Money, Employment and Growth, 10083 OR Foundations of Macroeconomics, 9519
Contemporary Issues in Macroeconomics, 6400, & Contemporary Issues in Microeconomics, 6401
- 943AA Bachelor of Applied Economics
- 945AA Bachelor of Applied Economics/Bachelor of Commerce
- 944AA Bachelor of Applied Economics/Bachelor of Laws
- 946AA Bachelor of Applied Economics/Bachelor of Management
- 818AA Bachelor of Arts in International Studies/Bachelor of Commerce
- 798AA Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Commerce
- 762AA Bachelor of Commerce
- 231JA Bachelor of Commerce/Bachelor of Communication in Advertising
- 234JA Bachelor of Commerce/Bachelor of Communication in Media and Public Affairs
- 233JA Bachelor of Commerce/Bachelor of Communication in Public Relations
- 810AA Bachelor of Commerce/Bachelor of Laws
- 815AA Bachelor of Information Technology/Bachelor of Commerce
- 145JA Bachelor of Politics and International Relations/Bachelor of Applied Economics
- 147JA Bachelor of Politics and International Relations/Bachelor of Commerce