Advanced Assessment and Intervention PG (10074.1)
|Faculty:||Faculty of Health|
|Discipline:||Discipline of Psychology|
UC - Canberra, Bruce
Year Teaching Period Convener Mode of Delivery 2018 Winter Term DR Kristen MURRAY (Ph: +61 2 62012950 ) ON-CAMPUS 2019 Winter Term DR Kristen MURRAY (Ph: +61 2 62012950 ) ON-CAMPUS
To view your Unit Outline, click View to log in to MyUC and access this information, or visit your unit's online teaching site.
- Winter Term, 2017, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (164564) - View
- Winter Term, 2016, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (156696) - View
To locate a Unit Outline for a Unit prior to 2015 click here.
If a link to your Unit Outline is not displayed, please check back later. Unit Outlines are generally published by Week One of the relevant teaching period.
APAC compliant extension of the introduction to evidence based psychological assessment and intervention techniques. This unit aims to provide students with advanced skills in case conceptualisation, assessment and intervention, and for them to demonstrate a broad repertoire of developed therapeutic skills expected as graduates, and eligibility for the registrar program for clinical endorsement.
On successful completion of this unit, students will be able to:
1. Select relevant assessment procedures and neuropsychological knowledge of and practice in the selection of relevant assessment procedures and psychological tests.
2. Demonstrate knowledge of and practice in the administration, scoring and interpretation of the major psychological tests commonly used in psychological practice.
3. Critique fundamental issues in therapy and their implications for therapeutic practice, and demonstrate advanced therapeutic skills and knowledge.
4. Iteratively plan and evaluate self-improvement targets with regard to therapeutic skill development; and
5. Demonstrate an advanced awareness of the limitations and pitfalls possible in psychological testing, and of potential ethical issues associated with these issues.
UC - Canberra, Bruce
- Winter Term, 2017
- Winter Term, 2016
6 hours per week (2 x 3-hour workshops).
6314 Practicum Placement 2 PG
Basis assessment and intervention skills.
6305 Advanced Counselling and 6304 Advanced Psychological Assessment