Specialist Major in Nutritional Science (SM0042.1)
Faculty of Health
Discipline of Nutrition and Dietetics
Information for Current Students
- Version 1 - Start Date: 01/01/2019 End Date: Current Version
The Specialist Major in Nutritional Science builds on units in the Core Major in Nutrition Foundations (CM0021). It completes required studies in chemistry and physiology and covers fundamental nutrition units. This core is essential for any student pursuing a career as a nutritionist or dietitian. Students completing the Core Major in Nutrition Foundations (CM0021) and the Specialist Major in Nutritional Science (SM0042) will cover the basic pre-requisites for the Master of Nutrition and Dietetics.
Specialist majors are only available to students in the course for which the major is required.
Required - Must pass 21 credit points as follows
- 6518 - Human Biochemistry - 3 cp, Level 2
- 6530 - Biochemistry - 3 cp, Level 2
- 6532 - Human Physiology and the Lifecycle - 3 cp, Level 3
- 8255 - Nutrition and Disease - 3 cp, Level 3
- 8257 - Nutritional Science - 3 cp, Level 2
- 9279 - Introduction to Food Science - 3 cp, Level 1
- 9280 - Introductory Nutrition - 3 cp, Level 1
- Restricted Choice - Must pass 3 credit points from the following