Specialist Major in Business Economics (SM0017.1)
Faculty of Business, Government & Law
Canberra Business School
Information for Current Students
- Version 1 - Start Date: 01/01/2019 End Date: Current Version
The major in Business Economics aims to provide students with a transformative educational experience to produce highly competent, work-ready graduates with in-depth discipline knowledge, professional and technical skills and attributes to work as socially responsible economists in the private and public sectors. Students who take this specialisation will study microeconomics, macroeconomics, international trade theory and econometrics.
Specialist majors are only available to students in the course for which the major is required.
Required - Must pass 24 credit points from the following
- 11207 - International Economics - 3 cp, Level 3
- 11208 - Cost Benefit Analysis - 3 cp, Level 3
- 11209 - Economic Development - 3 cp, Level 3
- 11223 - Money, Employment and Growth - 3 cp, Level 1
- 11224 - Public Sector Economics - 3 cp, Level 2
- 11225 - Industries and Markets - 3 cp, Level 2
- 11226 - Managing the Economy - 3 cp, Level 3
- 11227 - Econometrics - 3 cp, Level 2