Minor in Business & Government Foundation (ISA) (MN0204.1)
Faculty of Business, Government & Law
School of Business
Information for Current Students
- Version 1 - Start Date: 01/01/2016 End Date: Current Version
The Minor in Business and Government Foundation is designed to ensure accounting students have a sound foundation in three key areas. These areas are statistics, the interactions between business and government, and a clear understanding of a range of issues necessary for employment in professional services firms and in finance functions in government. The final unit in the minor includes a range of options suitable for students from different backgrounds and includes an internship unit.
Required - Must pass 3 credit points as follows
- Students enrolled in the Bachelor of Commerce at Bruce campus not undertaking an Accounting, Banking & Finance or Financial Planning major can substitute 5123 with 9522 Business Research Methods.
Restricted Choice - 9 credit points as follows
Part A - Must pass 3 credit points from the following
- 6606 - Government-Business Relations - 3 cp, Level 1*
- 8296 - Introduction to Politics and Government - 3 cp, Level 1*
- From 2018 students at Bruce campus should take 8296 Introduction to Politics & Government instead of 6606. Students already required to take 8296 in their course may select an Open Elective instead.
Part B - Must pass 3 credit points from the following
- 9799 - Foundations of Professional Planning - 3 cp, Level 1
- 11010 - Professional Orientation (Commerce) - 3 cp, Level 1
- 11011 - Professional Orientation (Business) - 3 cp, Level 1
- From 2018 students at Bruce campus can elect to complete 11010 Professional Orientation (Commerce) or 11011 Professional Orientation (Business), depending on their choice of major, in lieu of 9799.
- Students taking an Accounting, Banking and Financial Services or Financial Planning major should choose 11010 Professional Orientation (Commerce).
- Students taking an Economics, Public Sector Mgt, HRM, International Business, Marketing, Business Admin or Event & Tourism Mgt major should choose 11011 Professional Orientation (Business).
- Part C - Must pass 3 credit points from the following
- Part A - Must pass 3 credit points from the following
Please Note: Units marked with an * are no longer active, however students who have completed these units may still count them towards completion of this major or minor.
- 147JA.3 Bachelor of Politics and International Relations/Bachelor of Commerce
- 182JA.2 Bachelor of Accounting
- 184JA.2 Bachelor of Finance
- 231JA.2 Bachelor of Commerce/Bachelor of Communication in Advertising
- 233JA.2 Bachelor of Commerce/Bachelor of Communication in Public Relations
- 234JA.2 Bachelor of Commerce/Bachelor of Communication in Media and Public Affairs
- 281JA.1 Bachelor of Commerce/Bachelor of Event and Tourism Management
- 762AA.4 Bachelor of Commerce
- 798AA.6 Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Commerce
- 810AA.6 Bachelor of Commerce/Bachelor of Laws
- 818AA.6 Bachelor of Arts in International Studies/Bachelor of Commerce
- 945AA.3 Bachelor of Applied Economics/Bachelor of Commerce