Minor in Management (MN0092.2)
Faculty of Business, Government & Law
School of Management
Information for Current Students
- Version 2 - Start Date: 01/07/2010 End Date: Current Version
This Minor provides an opportunity for students to extend their knowledge of management. What structures and processes maximise performance given the rapidly changing environments to which organisations must now respond? How can leadership, ongoing learning, motivation and participation of stakeholders be assured? What mechanisms promote accountability, transparency, respect, and sustainability? A Management Minor introduces students to contemporary organisations and how decisions important to their future are made and implemented. It may be taken as an Open Minor by students enrolled in any non-management degree course of the University.
Students will choose a maximum of 2 units (6cp) at level 1, and select an additional 2 or 3 units at level 2/3.
Restricted Choice - Must pass 12 credit points as follows
- Part A - May do up to 6 credit points from the following
Part B - Must do at least 6 credit points from the following
- 6354 - Managing Human Resources - 3 cp, Level 2*
- 7075 - Leadership, Innovation and Change - 3 cp, Level 2*
- 7079 - Organisational Performance - 3 cp, Level 2*
- 7083 - Public Sector Management - 3 cp, Level 2*
- 7371 - Strategic Management - 3 cp, Level 3*
- 7533 - Global Challenges in Governance - 3 cp, Level 2*
- 7878 - Organisational Behaviour - 3 cp, Level 2*
Please Note: Units marked with an * are no longer active, however students who have completed these units may still count them towards completion of this major or minor.