Minor in Reading/Writing (MN0090.1)
Faculty of Arts and Design
School of Arts and Communications
Information for Current Students
- Version 1 - Start Date: 01/01/2009 End Date: Current Version
This minor provides students with skills and knowledge in the creative and analytical techniques of writing and reading literary works. Attention is paid to principles of creativity in both production and response, and to major forms in English and in translation.
Assumed knowledge: ACT Year 12 English or equivalent
Restricted Choice - Must pass 12 credit points from the following
- 6881 - Poetry and the Imagination - 3 cp, Level 2*
- 8139 - Literary Studies: Experimental Writing - 3 cp, Level 1*
- 8144 - Literary Studies: The Novel - 3 cp, Level 2*
- 8149 - Creativity in Writing - 3 cp, Level 1*
- 8304 - Introduction to Creative Writing - 3 cp, Level 1*
- 8623 - Literary Studies: True Stories - 3 cp, Level 1*
- 9308 - Poetry and the Imagination - 3 cp, Level 3*
Please Note: Units marked with an * are no longer active, however students who have completed these units may still count them towards completion of this major or minor.