Minor in Public Sector Management (MN0089.1)
Faculty of Business, Government & Law
School of Government & Policy
Information for Current Students
- Version 1 - Start Date: 01/01/2009 End Date: Current Version
This minor will be of interest to students wishing to have an understanding of management within public sector organisations.This is a restricted choice minor for students enrolled in the undergraduate course Bachelor of Management. It may also be taken as an open elective minor by students enrolled in any other course of the University.
Prerequisite and/or Corequisite:
Introduction to Management (4207) OR Organisational Behaviour (4818)
Students who are not required to take Introduction to Management and/or Organisational Behaviour as required units in their course may substitute either one of these units as elective options in this minor.
- Required - Must pass 6 credit points as follows
Restricted Choice - Must pass 6 credit points from the following
- 6353 - Project Evaluation and Management - 3 cp, Level 3*
- 7059 - Diversity and Organisations - 3 cp, Level 3*
- 7069 - Governance in an Information Age - 3 cp, Level 2*
- 7074 - Introduction to Public Policy - 3 cp, Level 3*
- 7075 - Leadership, Innovation and Change - 3 cp, Level 2*
- 7079 - Organisational Performance - 3 cp, Level 2*
- 7087 - Sociology of Technology and Work - 3 cp, Level 2*
- 8785 - Public Policy in Theory and Practice - 3 cp, Level 3*
- Note: Note: Students not required to take Introduction to Management and/or Organisational Behaviour as Required units may substitute either one of these as a Restricted Choice option in this Minor.
Please Note: Units marked with an * are no longer active, however students who have completed these units may still count them towards completion of this major or minor.