Minor in Politics and Government (MN0083.1)
Faculty of Business, Government & Law
School of Government & Policy
Information for Current Students
- Version 1 - Start Date: 01/01/2009 End Date: Current Version
This minor provides an opportunity for students to extend their knowledge of government and politics. It introduces students to the political nature of interactions between governments and the business, public and non-government sectors. Students will develop an understanding of themselves as citizens making decisions and choices that are both shaped by and contribute to the exercise of power in society.This may be taken as an Open Minor by students enrolled in any degree course of the University.
Students will choose a maximum of 2 units (6cp) at level 1, & select a minimum of 2 units at level 2/3.
Restricted Choice - Must pass 12 credit points as follows
- Part A - May do up to 6 credit points from the following
Part B - Must do at least 6 credit points from the following
- 7072 - Identity Politics and Public Policy - 3 cp, Level 3*
- 7073 - International Politics - 3 cp, Level 2*
- 7074 - Introduction to Public Policy - 3 cp, Level 3*
- 7076 - Local Government - 3 cp, Level 3*
- 7081 - Politics in Developing Nations - 3 cp, Level 3*
- 7533 - Global Challenges in Governance - 3 cp, Level 2*
- 7534 - Social Policy: Government, Wealth and Welfare - 3 cp, Level 2*
- 7778 - Governance for Environmental Sustainability - 3 cp, Level 2*
- 8295 - International Relations - 3 cp, Level 2*
- 8297 - Politics and Security in the Asia-Pacific - 3 cp, Level 3*
- 8785 - Public Policy in Theory and Practice - 3 cp, Level 3*
Please Note: Units marked with an * are no longer active, however students who have completed these units may still count them towards completion of this major or minor.