Major in Construction Administration (MJ0297.1)
Faculty of Arts and Design
School of Design and the Built Environment
Information for Current Students
- Version 1 - Start Date: 01/01/2017 End Date: Current Version
This Major gives you the practical skills and knowledge required to work as contract managers in the building and construction industry. Students will learn about building and construction law, contract law and administration, building finance and economics, as well as a working knowledge of built environment contract administration principles and processes as applied to the construction industry. Completing the construction administration Major is the best way to achieve employment in the industry.
- Required - Must pass 9 credit points as follows
Part A - Must pass 3 credit points from the following
- From Semester 1 2018 4977 Introduction to Business Law has been replaced by 11220 Business Law.
Part B - Must pass 3 credit points from the following
- 10148 - Introduction to Built Environment Management - 3 cp, Level 1*
- 10355 - Introduction to Surveying - 3 cp, Level 1
- From Semester 1 2018 10148 Introduction to Built Environment Management has been replaced by 10355 Introduction to Surveying.
Part C - Must pass 3 credit points from the following
- 7827 - Building and Construction Law - 3 cp, Level 2*
- 11287 - Building and Construction Law - 3 cp, Level I
- From Semester 1 2019 7827 Building & Construction Law has been replaced by 11287 Building & Construction Law.
Please Note: Units marked with an * are no longer active, however students who have completed these units may still count them towards completion of this major or minor.