Major in Social and Digital Campaigning (MJ0282.1)
Faculty of Arts and Design
School of Arts and Communications
Information for Current Students
- Version 1 - Start Date: 01/01/2016 End Date: Current Version
The Social and Digital Campaigning major prepares students wanting to work in non-government and other not-for-profit organisations who are interested in pursuing social justice and social change through online engagement. The major is suited to students studying another content production major, such as Journalism, and provides knowledge of international development, aid and social justice issues to equip students to work in the not for profit sector.
Required - Must pass 18 credit points as follows
- 7003 - Communication and Media Research - 3 cp, Level 2*
- 8125 - Elections, Campaigns and Lobbying - 3 cp, Level 3
- 8131 - Communication Technologies and Change - 3 cp, Level 3
- 8169 - Globalisation and Resistance - 3 cp, Level 1*
- 8669 - Introduction to International Development - 3 cp, Level 2*
- 9922 - Digital Campaigning - 3 cp, Level 2*
Please Note: Units marked with an * are no longer active, however students who have completed these units may still count them towards completion of this major or minor.