Major in Information Technology (MJ0276.1)
Faculty of Science and Technology
Academic Program Area - Technology
Information for Current Students
- Version 1 - Start Date: 01/01/2016 End Date: Current Version
This major addresses issues relevant to today?s educational environment. It is critical that teachers have a well-regarded set of skills in, and an understanding of, more complex Information Technology skills, both in administrative and teaching contexts within Secondary Schools.
Required - Must pass 18 credit points as follows
- 4478 - Introduction to Information Technology - 3 cp, Level 1
- 5915 - Database Design - 3 cp, Level 1
- 6365 - Systems Analysis and Modelling - 3 cp, Level 2*
- 7167 - Security and Support in IT - 3 cp, Level 2*
- 9788 - Contemporary IT & E Issues - 3 cp, Level 3
- 9789 - Technology and Engineering Management - 3 cp, Level 3
- From 2019 the unit code for Systems Analysis and Modelling has changed to 11486 and for Security & Support in IT to 11488.
Please Note: Units marked with an * are no longer active, however students who have completed these units may still count them towards completion of this major or minor.