Major in International Education (Restricted) (MJ0239.1)
Faculty of Education, Science, Technology & Maths
Academic Program Area - Education
Information for Current Students
- Version 1 - Start Date: 01/07/2013 End Date: 31/12/2017
This major enables students to explore schooling and school systems in Australia and compare them to those of their home country and other countries. Students will have experience in schools in Canberra and observe other ways that student learning is supported outside of school hours.
Prerequisite and/or Corequisite:
This Major is restricted to students enrolled in the Bachelor of Education Studies, 205JA.
- Required - Must pass 15 credit points as follows
Restricted Choice - 9 credit points as follows
- Part A - Must pass 3 credit points from the following
Part B - Must pass 6 credit points from the following
- 6576 - Arts Education 1 - 3 cp, Level 1*
- 6735 - Mathematics Education 1 - 3 cp, Level 2*
- 7150 - Scaffolding Literacy Education - 3 cp, Level 2*
- 7335 - Early Childhood Context and Issues - 3 cp, Level 4*
- 7336 - Early Childhood Development and Pedagogy - 3 cp, Level 1*
- 7988 - Social and Environmental Education 1 - 3 cp, Level 3*
- 7989 - Science and Technology Education 1 - 3 cp, Level 2*
- 8693 - Promoting Health and Wellbeing - 3 cp, Level 1*
- 9274 - Advocacy for Change - 3 cp, Level 1
Please Note: Units marked with an * are no longer active, however students who have completed these units may still count them towards completion of this major or minor.