Major in Industrial Technology (Construction) Teaching (MJ0204.2)
Faculty of Education
Academic Program Area - Education
Information for Current Students
- Version 2 - Start Date: 01/07/2013 End Date: Current Version
- Version 1 - Start Date: 01/01/2012 End Date: 30/06/2013
The Major in Industrial Technology (Construction) Teaching is for students wishing to qualify to teach Industrial Technology (Construction) in secondary schools. Students must also complete the required Secondary Design and Technology PCK units. Students wishing to qualify to teach Industrial Technology (Construction) as their first teaching area would normally also complete the Major in Design and Technology Teaching. Students who have completed 10105 Technology Skills for Teaching 2 (A) and 10106 Technology Skills for Teaching 2 (part B) as part of the Major in Design and Technology Teaching must complete: Studio 2 8968 and Technology Laboratory 8335.
- Required - Must pass 12 credit points as follows
Restricted Choice - 12 credit points as follows
- Select 1 of the following options:
- Students who have passed 8795 & 8796 Acquisition of Vocational Skills 2 (A & B) OR 10103 & 10104 Technology Skills for Teaching 1 (A & B) must select Option A. All other students select Option B or C.
- Option A - Must pass 6 credit points as follows
- Option B - Must pass 6 credit points as follows
- Option C - Must pass 6 credit points as follows
Please Note: Units marked with an * are no longer active, however students who have completed these units may still count them towards completion of this major or minor.