Major in Sports Media (Restricted) (MJ0114.2)
Faculty of Arts and Design
School of Arts and Communications
Information for Current Students
- Version 2 - Start Date: 01/01/2009 End Date: Current Version
The objective of this major is to provide students with a comprehensive understanding of the emergence of the sports industry as a profession and the impact the media has had in shaping its development. Students will be provided with an understanding of the principles, knowledge and skills involved in becoming a competent sports journalist. Prerequisite and/or Corerequisite: Enrolment in the Sports Media course. Students who are not enrolled in the Bachelor of Sports Media degree need the approval of the Course Convener for Sports Media. Students must successfully complete Sports Journalism 1 before they can enrol in Sports Journalism 2 or have the permission of the unit convener.
Prerequisite and/or Corequisite:
Students must successfully complete Sports Journalism 1 before they can enrol in Sports Journalism 2 or have the permission of the unit convenor.
Restricted Choice - Must pass 18 credit points from the following
- 7142 - Sports Journalism 1 - 3 cp, Level 2*
- 7143 - Sports Journalism 2 - 3 cp, Level 3*
- 7977 - Business, Politics and Sport - 3 cp, Level 3*
- 7978 - The Australian Sports System - 3 cp, Level 1*
- 7983 - Contemporary Issues in Sport - 3 cp, Level 2
- 7984 - Sport as Entertainment - 3 cp, Level 3*
- 9367 - Sport Business - 3 cp, Level 3
- 9371 - Sport Event and Venue Management - 3 cp, Level 3
- 9372 - Sport Management and Development - 3 cp, Level 1
Please Note: Units marked with an * are no longer active, however students who have completed these units may still count them towards completion of this major or minor.