Major in Software Engineering (BIT) (Restricted) (MJ0107.3)
Faculty of Education, Science, Technology & Maths
Academic Program Area - Maths & Technology
Information for Current Students
- Version 3 - Start Date: 01/01/2016 End Date: 31/12/2016
- Version 2 - Start Date: 01/07/2012 End Date: 31/12/2015
- Version 1 - Start Date: 01/01/2005 End Date: 30/06/2012
The Software Engineering major provides a good understanding of computer systems and methods of designing and developing software. Through this major, students develop an understanding of Software Engineering issues, and will be able to design and develop software in important modern languages. They will be able to maintain software systems and write applications of moderate complexity.
Prerequisite and/or Corequisite:
Enrolment in Bachelor of Information Technology course.
- Required - Must pass 12 credit points as follows
Restricted Choice - 9 credit points from the following
- Part A - Must pass 3 credit points from the following
- Part B - Must pass 3 credit points from the following
- Part C - Must pass 3 credit points from the following
Please Note: Units marked with an * are no longer active, however students who have completed these units may still count them towards completion of this major or minor.