Major in Literary Studies (MJ0084.2)
Faculty of Arts and Design
School of Arts and Communications
Information for Current Students
- Version 3 - Start Date: 01/01/2013 End Date: Current Version
- Version 2 - Start Date: 01/01/2009 End Date: 31/12/2012
This major focuses on the production, construction, and interpretation of text. It gives special attention to the elements that define, and may distinguish, the literary text, including both genre and mainstream works of fiction and poetry. Prerequisite and/or Corequisite: None
ACT Year 12 English or equivalent.
Required - Must pass 18 credit points as follows
- 8140 - Literary Studies: Literature and Law - 3 cp, Level 3*
- 8141 - Literary Studies: Literature for 0-18 - 3 cp, Level 2*
- 8143 - Literary Studies: Poetry/Criticism - 3 cp, Level 3*
- 8144 - Literary Studies: The Novel - 3 cp, Level 2*
- 8623 - Literary Studies: True Stories - 3 cp, Level 1*
- 8904 - Literary Studies: Creative Reading - 3 cp, Level 1*
Please Note: Units marked with an * are no longer active, however students who have completed these units may still count them towards completion of this major or minor.