Major in Accounting (Restricted) (MJ0001.2)
Faculty of Business, Government & Law
School of Business
Information for Current Students
- Version 2 - Start Date: 01/01/2011 End Date: Current Version
This major, together with the Professional Accounting minor, is designed for students who wish to join an accounting professional organisation. Students who choose a different commerce minor are advised they should complete Law of Business Associations and Revenue Law if they wish to join an accounting professional body. Students will be required to complete a 3 credit point open elective at Level 2 or 3 in order to complete the 24 credit point requirement for a restricted choice major within the Bachelor of Commerce or double degrees with the Bachelor of Commerce.
Prerequisite and/or Corequisite:
Accounting for Managers (5617)
It is recommended that Business Statistics be completed before Business Finance is undertaken.
Required - Must pass 21 credit points as follows
- 6360 - Accounting Systems and Practices - 3 cp, Level 2
- 6375 - Management Accounting - 3 cp, Level 2*
- 6391 - Company Accounting - 3 cp, Level 2*
- 6392 - Business Finance - 3 cp, Level 2*
- 6395 - Advanced Management Accounting - 3 cp, Level 3*
- 6398 - Auditing - 3 cp, Level 3
- 6399 - Contemporary Issues in Accounting - 3 cp, Level 3*
Please Note: Units marked with an * are no longer active, however students who have completed these units may still count them towards completion of this major or minor.