Core Major in Nutrition Foundations (CM0021.1)
Faculty of Health
Discipline of Nutrition and Dietetics
Information for Current Students
- Version 1 - Start Date: 01/01/2019 End Date: Current Version
The Core Major in Nutrition Foundations covers fundamental studies in chemistry and physiology as well as professional units required for a career in nutrition. This core is essential for any student pursuing a career as a nutritionist or dietitian (note that the latter requires a further qualification). It needs to be taken in conjunction with the Specialist Major in Nutritional Science (SM0042).
Core majors are only available to students in the course for which the major is required.
Required - Must pass 24 credit points as follows
- 1516 - Chemistry 1a - 3 cp, Level 1
- 1517 - Chemistry 1b - 3 cp, Level 1
- 6529 - Systemic Anatomy and Physiology - 3 cp, Level 1
- 9808 - Regional Anatomy and Physiology - 3 cp, Level 1
- 10120 - Industry and Community Engagement (Health) - 3 cp, Level 3
- 11400 - Professional Orientation (Health) - 3 cp, Level 1
- 11401 - Professional Practice (Health) 1 - 3 cp, Level 2
- 11402 - Professional Evidence (Health) - 3 cp, Level 3