Breadth Major in Digital Media (BM0035.1)
Faculty of Arts and Design
School of Arts and Communications
Information for Current Students
- Version 1 - Start Date: 01/01/2019 End Date: Current Version
Digital media provides students with the technical skills and knowledge required to develop creative digital works for a wide array of different uses. Areas of study include 3D modelling and animation, digital image and video production, sound design, real-time graphics (e.g. augmented and virtual reality) and post-production special effects. The major in digital media is open to students from all courses in the university.
This breadth major is not available to students in the Bachelor of Arts (Digital Media) course.
Required - Must pass 24 credit points as follows
- 11013 - Pixels and Polygons - 3 cp, Level B
- 11130 - Media Worlds - 3 cp, Level B
- 11131 - Space, Time and Form - 3 cp, Level I
- 11132 - Engineering Reality - 3 cp, Level I
- 11133 - Character Design and Animation - 3 cp, Level I
- 11134 - Sound Design - 3 cp, Level I
- 11135 - Real Time Environments - 3 cp, Level A
- 11136 - Illuminated Bits - 3 cp, Level A