Breadth Major in Culture and Heritage (BM0030.1)
Faculty of Arts and Design
School of Arts and Communications
Information for Current Students
- Version 1 - Start Date: 01/01/2019 End Date: Current Version
The Breadth Major in Culture and Heritage engages with diverse cultures and communities, heritage places, landscapes and cultural collections, and uses this for developing students' critical and technical skills. The major embeds site visits, online projects, field trips, and internships to explore heritage in a variety of social, cultural, and political contexts around the world, with a particular focus on Indigenous and First Nations issues. The Breadth Major in Culture and Heritage is open to students from all courses in the university.
This breadth major is not available to students in the Bachelor of Arts (Culture and Heritage) course.
Required - Must pass 24 credit points as follows
- 11015 - Heritage Conservation - 3 cp, Level B
- 11121 - Understanding Cultural and Heritage Values - 3 cp, Level I
- 11122 - Indigenous Cultures and Digital Contexts - 3 cp, Level I
- 11123 - Decolonising the Museum - 3 cp, Level A
- 11124 - Exploring Digital Culture and Heritage - 3 cp, Level A
- 11126 - Indigenous Ways of Knowing - 3 cp, Level I
- 11128 - Connections to Country - 3 cp, Level I
- 11129 - Cultures and Diversity - 3 cp, Level B