Breadth Major in Politics and International Relations (BM0011.1)
Faculty of Business, Government & Law
School of Government & Policy
Information for Current Students
- Version 1 - Start Date: 01/01/2019 End Date: Current Version
The Breadth Major in Politics and International Relations will provide students with knowledge of the principles, concepts and issues that are shaping the world when in the areas of politics, policy, international relations and national security. You will learn about the basis of a democratically informed citizenship, contemporary issues in politics and policy, national security, the challenges of modern terrorism and contemporary regional politics in the Asia Pacific and in an international context.
This breadth major is not available to students in the Bachelor of Politics and International Relations course.
Required - Must pass 21 credit points as follows
- 11235 - Introduction to Politics and Government - 3 cp, Level B
- 11238 - Introduction to International Relations - 3 cp, Level B
- 11239 - Politics and Democracy - 3 cp, Level B
- 11240 - Behavioural Science - 3 cp, Level I
- 11241 - Political Leadership - 3 cp, Level A
- 11242 - National Security - 3 cp, Level A
- 11243 - Political and Social Theory - 3 cp, Level I
- Restricted Choice - Must pass 3 credit points from the following