Master of Human Resource Management - 731AA
|Faculty:||Faculty of Business, Government & Law|
|Discipline(s):||School of Management|
|English Language Requirements:||Academic IELTS of 6.0 or equivalent, with no band score below 6.0|
The Master of Human Resource Management is a course designed for graduates who wish to deepen their knowledge in the area of human resources and for general management practitioners who wish to acquire specialised knowledge in human resource management. The course equips students with specialist skills in employee recruitment and selection, training and development and performance management. The course also emphasises a strategic approach to the management of people in paid employment and on leadership development.
Students are required to combine nine core units (27 credit points) with three elective units (9 credit points). This allows for the development of a professional body of knowledge plus some flexibility to contstruct a program around particular interests.
- Current and Commencing Students
- In person Faculty of Business, Government and Law student support area (Building 11, Level B, Room 27 - Reception counter) or Email BGLCourseConveners@canberra.edu.au
- Prospective International Students
- Email email@example.com or Phone +61 2 6201 5342
- Prospective Domestic Students
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org or Phone 1800 UNI CAN (1800 864 226)
Applicants must have an undergraduate degree or equivalent as approved by the University's Admissions Committee and at least 2 years of relevant work experience. Applicants without a first degree but with 10 years of appropriate work experience may be admitted to the course.
Information on admission closing dates can be found here.
- Master of Human Resource Management (36 credit points)
Required - Must pass 27 credit points as follows
- 6238 - Human Resource Management G - 3 cp, Level G
- 6240 - Industrial Relations G - 3 cp, Level G
- 6243 - International HRM PG - 3 cp, Level P
- 6250 - Law of Employment G - 3 cp, Level G
- 6264 - Organisational Behaviour G - 3 cp, Level G
- 6269 - Remuneration & Performance Management PG - 3 cp, Level P
- 6788 - Staffing and Human Resource Development G - 3 cp, Level G
- 6791 - Strategic Human Resource Management PG - 3 cp, Level G
- 6792 - International Industrial Relations G - 3 cp, Level G
Restricted Choice - Must pass 9 credit points from the following
- Graduate or Postgraduate Level units in the Master of Business Administration program or as approved by the Course Convener.
|Master of Human Resource Management||M HumanResMgt|
|Graduate Diploma in Human Resource Management||Graduate Certificate in Human Resource Management|
Typical Study Pattern
UC - Canberra, Bruce
Standard Full Time, Semester 1 Commencing
- Print this Study Pattern
- Semester 1
- Semester 2
- Law of Employment G (6250) - 3 cp, Level G
- Strategic Human Resource Management PG (6791) - 3 cp, Level G
- Two Restricted Choice Units- 6 cp
- Semester 1
- Standard Full Time, Semester 1 Commencing
Please refer to the tab to view Course Requirements, check unit details and select Restricted Choice Units for the course. Please note not all units are offered in each teaching period.
Unit Delivery ModesDelivery modes for units in this degree are yet to be confirmed. Please contact us for more details.
Closed to new admissions from Semester 2, 2014. Please contact the Faculty via the enquiry details below for further information.
Special Class Delivery Details
The course is taught using a combination of flexible delivery with traditional teaching methods comprising lectures, tutorials and workshops. A number of units are available in intensive mode.
Standard three semesters full-time or equivalent. Maximum eight semesters.
Related Courses (Double Degrees, Nested Courses and Alternative Exits)
Master of Management, Master of Public Administration, Master of Business Administration.
- 2017->UC Bruce Campus-Internal
- 2012->UC Bruce Campus-Internal
- 2013->UC Bruce Campus-Internal
- 2014->UC Bruce Campus-Internal
- 2015->UC Bruce Campus-Internal
- 2016->UC Bruce Campus-Internal
View course numbers for previous full year. Please note that course numbers are indicative only and in no way reflect individual class sizes.