Master of Business Administration (Ningbo) - 723AE
|Location:||UCI - Ningbo University, Ningbo|
|Faculty:||Faculty of Business, Government & Law|
|Discipline(s):||School of Management|
|English Language Requirements:||Academic IELTS of 6.0 or equivalent, with no band score below 6.0|
The University of Canberra MBA offers individuals aspiring to senior management and executive roles the opportunity to develop skills and competencies relevant to the effective management of enterprises. The course covers all aspects of management, including managing people, accounting and finance, economics, information and decision making.
The MBA emphasises development of skills required to succeed in increasingly complex business environments such as international trade or public administration working across legal, industry or cultural boundaries.
Applicants must have a bachelor qualification, or equivalent, in a related field OR Bachelor qualification, or equivalent, in an unrelated field AND three years' work experience OR Bachelor qualification, or equivalent, in an unrelated field AND Graduate Certificate in Business or higher.
As the course will be taught in English, applicants must have an IELTS or equivalent of 6.0.
Information on admission closing dates can be found here.
Notes for International Applicants
Admission is restricted to students from Ningbo University.
- Master of Business Administration (Ningbo) (36 credit points)
Required Units - Must pass 36 credit points as follows
- 6224 - Business Finance PG - 3 cp, Level P
- 6234 - Economics for Managers G - 3 cp, Level G
- 6245 - International Trade Law PG - 3 cp, Level P
- 6261 - Marketing G - 3 cp, Level G
- 7776 - Managing Change and Innovation PG - 3 cp, Level P
- 9501 - Financial Management G - 3 cp, Level G
- 9504 - BGL Research Project PG - 3 cp, Level P
- 9505 - Research Methods PG - 3 cp, Level P
- 9511 - Strategic Management and Policy Development PG - 3 cp, Level P
- 9582 - Institutions of Law and Government G - 3 cp, Level G
- 9691 - Entrepreneurship PG - 3 cp, Level P
- 9692 - Human Resource Management PG - 3 cp, Level P
There are previous versions of this course. As a current student you will complete the requirements for the course that were in place when you commenced. Click on the relevant link below to view the requirements of your version of the course.
- Version4 - Start Date: 01/01/2019 End Date: Current Version
- Version3 - Start Date: 01/01/2016 End Date: 31/12/2018
- Version2 - Start Date: 01/01/2015 End Date: 31/12/2015
- Version1 - Start Date: 01/01/2004 End Date: 31/12/2014
|Master of Business Administration||MBA|
|Graduate Certificate in Business Administration|
UCI - Ningbo University, Ningbo
Standard Full Time, Term 4 Commencing
- Print this Study Pattern
- Year 1
- Term 2
- Term 4
- Year 3
- Standard Full Time, Term 4 Commencing
Please refer to the tab to view Course Requirements, check unit details and select Restricted Choice Units for the course. Please note not all units are offered in each teaching period.
Unit Delivery Modes
The University offers a wide range of delivery options to help you balance study with other commitments. Units within this degree may be available to be studied in the following delivery modes:
|Evenings:||The unit is delivered on-campus and face to face on weekday evenings.|
|Intensive:||The unit is delivered on-campus and face to face in concentrated time blocks.|
|On Campus:||The unit is delivered on-campus and face to face, supplemented with online content. Most classes are run on weekdays and during business hours.|
|Research Project:||The unit is focused on the delivery of a research project. Attendance at regular classes is not required, however some on-campus, face to face activity may be necessary.|
|Weekends:||The unit is delivered through a combination of online and on-campus, face to face, weekend classes.|
To find out more about delivery modes that are available for units in this course please visit
|Course Objectives||Graduate Qualities|
Graduates of this course will have a broad and coherent theoretical and technical knowledge in a range of core areas of business management, such as marketing, accounting, economics, research methods, strategic management, innovation and IT, and the impact of law and institutions on business managers.
Graduates will have well developed cognitive, technical and communication skills. They will be able to analyse complex problems in a range of disciplines and select appropriate methods and technologies when developing solutions and recommendations. They will be able to work with limited information, evaluate gaps in information and have the research skills required to find required information. They will have strong communication skills and will be able to transmit their knowledge, skills and ideas using a variety of communication styles, as would be expected by audiences from technical or non-technical backgrounds.
Graduates will apply their knowledge and skills to produce well developed advice and arguments. This will indicate graduates have developed and exercised judgement in the application of theories and rules when solving a variety of problems. Graduates will also demonstrate personal responsibility through their self-directed learning and team building.
|The Master of Business Administration learning outcomes are:
1. A strong foundation in problem solving in real organisations including managing human resources and recent developments in these fields
2. Ability to understand and navigate the increasingly complex legal, economic and global business environment including recent developments in these fields
3. Ability to plan and manage innovation and organisational change using cognitive, technical and creative skills
4. Professional development and experience in management of work and organisations demonstrating skills with creativity and initiative in new situations.
5. An ability to make ethical, socially responsible and sustainable business decisions in a complex business environment demonstrating high level of personal autonomy and accountability
6. Understanding of organisational and market research principles and methods by undertaking a research project related to recent developments in the chosen field.
Standard three semesters full-time or equivalent. Maximum eight semesters.
Related Courses (Double Degrees, Nested Courses and Alternative Exits)
The Graduate Certificate in Business Administration is an exit award.
- 2019->NINGBO UNI CAMPUS-Internal
- 2016->NINGBO UNI CAMPUS-Internal
- 2017->NINGBO UNI CAMPUS-Internal
View course numbers for previous full year. Please note that course numbers are indicative only and in no way reflect individual class sizes.