Unit: Curriculum, Pedagogy and Practice 2 (Creative and Performing Arts) (8847)
|Level: 3||Credit Points: 3||Contribution Band: 4, 1, 4, 4, 1|
Availability in 2012: Not offered (Also available in: 2013)
Class ContactUp to 20 hours per semester plus Professional Experience.
SyllabusThis unit provides a basis for professional decision-making in classroom practice in the nominated curriculum area teaching years 7-12. The focus of the minimum 15 days of supervised professional experience is to further develop teacher knowledge, skills and attitudes through immersion in the school setting with a particular focus on creating and maintaining a supportive and safe learning environment and implementing effective teaching and learning practices.
This unit may be co-taught with Secondary Teaching Studies G2 in the nominated teaching area.
PrerequisiteCompletion of 24 credit points and 8838 Curriculum Pedagogy and Practice 1 (Creative and Performing Arts).
Assumed knowledge:Minimum of 2 content units in the KLA related to the STS 2 discipline being studied.
Restrictions: This unit is not open to students who have passed any other Curriculum Pedagogy and Practice 2 unit.
CorequisiteEnrolment in a Teaching course.
Learning OutcomesOn completion of this unit students will be able to:
1. demonstrate the capacity to organise classroom activities and provide clear directions;
2. demonstrate knowledge of practical approaches to manage challenging behaviour;
3. demonstrate an understanding of the relevant issues and strategies available to support the safe, responsible and ethical use of ICT in learning;
4. apply a range of teaching strategies;
5. apply a range of verbal and non-verbal communication strategies to support student engagement;
6. demonstrate the capacity to implement teaching strategies for using ICT to expand curriculum learning opportunities for students.
- 433AC Bachelor of Education in Secondary Teaching (Music)
- 111JA Bachelor of Education/Bachelor of Arts
Unit Level Key:
- 1 - Offered in first year of course curriculum
- 2 - Offered in second year of course curriculum
- 3 - Offered in third year of course curriculum
- 4 - Offered in fourth year of course curriculum
- 5 - Offered in fifth year of course curriculum
- G - Offered in graduate course curriculums
- PG - Offered in postgraduate course curriculums
- R - Offered in research course curriculums
- H - Offered in honours course curriculums