Unit: Business Informatics Internship (8717)
|Level: 3||Credit Points: 6||Contribution Band: 2|
Availability in 2012: Not offered (Also available in: 2013, 2014, 2015)
SyllabusThis unit is an industry-based internship, in which students participate in a business informatics workplace for the purpose of seeing theory into practice and reflecting on the realities of informatics work. It allows students to compare and contrast previous workplace experiences with those in their internship workplace.
Learning OutcomesOn completion of this unit, students will be able to:
- demonstrate their practical experience in the tasks, roles, techniques, tools and skills associated with business informatics; and
- evaluate and report on the relative merits of alternative approaches and their application in the field of business informatics.
PrerequisiteSystems Analysis and Modelling AND Systems Project and Quality Management.
CorequisiteEnrolment in the degree of Bachelor of Business Informatics and combined degrees.
Class ContactUp to 20 hours including briefing sessions in the previous semester, seminars and one-on-one mentoring sessions with academic supervisor.
- 806AA Bachelor of Business Administration/Bachelor of Business Informatics
- 706AA Bachelor of Business Informatics
- 808AA Bachelor of Business Informatics/Bachelor of Laws
- 838AA Bachelor of Software Engineering/Bachelor of Business Informatics
Referenced Unit Sets
- MJ0015 Major in Business Informatics (BBI) (Restricted)
- MJ0159 Major in Business Informatics (BSE/BBI) (Restricted)
Unit Level Key:
- 1 - Offered in first year of course curriculum
- 2 - Offered in second year of course curriculum
- 3 - Offered in third year of course curriculum
- 4 - Offered in fourth year of course curriculum
- 5 - Offered in fifth year of course curriculum
- G - Offered in graduate course curriculums
- PG - Offered in postgraduate course curriculums
- R - Offered in research course curriculums
- H - Offered in honours course curriculums