Unit: Health Practice Evaluation PG (8567)
|Level: P||Credit Points: 6||Contribution Band: 4, 1, 1, 4|
Availability in 2012: (Also available in: 2011, 2013, 2014)
- S1 (BRUCE, INT-F2FO) - Convener: Dr Catherine Hungerford (Ph: +61 2 6201 5130)
SyllabusThis unit provides the opportunity for health practitioners to develop and implement a proposal for evaluating the delivery and effectiveness of an aspect of health care practice. The student will develop, plan, and implement their project, evaluate findings, and make recommendation for change, based upon the evidence, with a view to improving, advancing or expanding practice in their field.
Learning OutcomesUpon completion of this unit, students will be able to:
- conceptualise a suitable project to enable evaluation of the delivery and effectiveness of one aspect of health care practice;
- develop, plan, implement, and lead the project to completion;
- evaluate findings of the project;
- make recommendations based upon the evidence, for improving the delivery and effectiveness of the health care practice; and
- identify ways in which theoretical learning has enhanced professional practice.
PrerequisiteEntry into Masters program, Faculty of Health.
Class ContactHalf day intensive seminars x 4, online engagement.
Unit Level Key:
- 1 - Offered in first year of course curriculum
- 2 - Offered in second year of course curriculum
- 3 - Offered in third year of course curriculum
- 4 - Offered in fourth year of course curriculum
- 5 - Offered in fifth year of course curriculum
- G - Offered in graduate course curriculums
- PG - Offered in postgraduate course curriculums
- R - Offered in research course curriculums
- H - Offered in honours course curriculums