Unit: Mental Health Assessment and Intervention PG (8565)
|Level: P||Credit Points: 3||Contribution Band: 4, 1, 1, 4|
Availability in 2012: (Also available in: 2010, 2011, 2013, 2014)
- S1 (BRUCE, Online Only) - Convener: Aprf Daniel Nicholls (Ph: +61 2 6206 8718)
Learning OutcomesUpon completion of this unit, students will be able to:
- appraise the major issues affecting people who are affected by the symptoms of mental illness, including those associated with the major mood, psychotic and behavioural disorders;
- critically evaluate the process of mental health assessment of people who are affected by the symptoms of mental illness; and
- demonstrate appropriate application of a range of interventions and approaches to meet the needs of people who are affected by the symptoms of mental illness, including consumers, carers, families, and communities.
SyllabusThe focus of this unit is mental health assessment and appropriate clinical interventions for people who are affected by the symptoms of mental illness, including consumers and their significant others. Framed within the context of person-centred care, factors that affect mental health are examined, together with the symptoms of mental illness and disorder, and the impact of these symptoms upon consumers and significant others. The student will also appraise the interventions and supports that are available to assist those who are affected by the symptoms of mental illness, and develop the skills to apply this knowledge in practice.
Class ContactFully online, 3 hours per week, Semester 2
Fully online, intensive, 6 hours per week during Winter Term.
- 161JA Graduate Certificate in Mental Health Nursing
- 178JA Graduate Certificate in Remote Industrial Health (online)
- 359AA Postgraduate Diploma in Mental Health Nursing
Unit Level Key:
- 1 - Offered in first year of course curriculum
- 2 - Offered in second year of course curriculum
- 3 - Offered in third year of course curriculum
- 4 - Offered in fourth year of course curriculum
- 5 - Offered in fifth year of course curriculum
- G - Offered in graduate course curriculums
- PG - Offered in postgraduate course curriculums
- R - Offered in research course curriculums
- H - Offered in honours course curriculums