Unit: Electrophysical Agents PG (8387)
|Level: P||Credit Points: 3||Contribution Band: 4, 2, 4, 4, 2, 2|
Availability in 2012: Not offered (Also available in: 2013)
Class ContactOne hour per week lecture or equivalent; two hours per week tutorial/practical work.
Learning OutcomesBy the end of this unit the student will be able to explain the role of specific electrophysical agents used in patient management and use research evidence, integrated with knowledge of the physical and physiological effects of these modalities to implement treatment programs. These competencies will be demonstrated and integrated into clinical physiotherapy practice.
SyllabusThis unit aims to develop basic knowledge and skills in the safe and effective use of a range of electrophysical agents used in physiotherapy practice. Technical competency and safe practice skills will be developed with the aim of providing students with the ability to choose appropriate treatment interventions with consideration of the appropriate evidence base for a range of electrophysical agents in common use. Communication and record keeping skills are emphasized as an essential component of quality health management. Selected physical and electrical treatment modalities will be covered.
- 768AA Master of Physiotherapy
Unit Level Key:
- 1 - Offered in first year of course curriculum
- 2 - Offered in second year of course curriculum
- 3 - Offered in third year of course curriculum
- 4 - Offered in fourth year of course curriculum
- 5 - Offered in fifth year of course curriculum
- G - Offered in graduate course curriculums
- PG - Offered in postgraduate course curriculums
- R - Offered in research course curriculums
- H - Offered in honours course curriculums