Unit: Wireless Networks (8227)
|Level: 2||Credit Points: 3||Contribution Band: 2|
Availability in 2012: Not offered (Also available in: 2015)
Learning OutcomesOn successful completion of this unit students will be able to:
- understand the basic concept of wireless networks;
- understand traffic theories, mobile radio propagation, channel coding, and cellular concepts;
- understand multiple division techniques, mobile communication systems, and existing wireless networks;
- explain network protocols, ad hoc and sensor networks, wireless MANs, LANs and PANs; and
- understand wireless ID technologies network, in particular RFID work.
Class Contact3 hour lectures and 1 hour tutorial per week; plus 3 hour laboratory (3 weeks).
SyllabusWireless networks have become one of key technologies of the 21stcentury. This unit will introduce basic concepts in wireless networks, such as satellite system, ad hoc networks formed by mobile users, RFID, etc. This unit focus on qualitative descriptions and realistic explanations of relationships between wireless networks and performance parameters.
- 106JA Bachelor of Engineering in Network and Software Engineering
Referenced Unit Sets
- MJ0158 Major in Network Engineering
Unit Level Key:
- 1 - Offered in first year of course curriculum
- 2 - Offered in second year of course curriculum
- 3 - Offered in third year of course curriculum
- 4 - Offered in fourth year of course curriculum
- 5 - Offered in fifth year of course curriculum
- G - Offered in graduate course curriculums
- PG - Offered in postgraduate course curriculums
- R - Offered in research course curriculums
- H - Offered in honours course curriculums