Unit: Systems Requirements and Procurement PG (8067)
|Level: P||Credit Points: 3||Contribution Band: 2|
Availability in 2012: Not offered (Also available in: 2013)
Learning OutcomesOn completion you will be able to contextualise a proposed project and evaluate its outcomes. You will be able to successfully engage and communicate with project stakeholders and users to ensure the right problem or situation is identified and addressed. You will be able to critically consider the ethical and socio-technical systems design issues related to project management. You will be skilled in the formation and management of project teams in a complex environment.
PrerequisiteSystems Project and Quality Management G or Software Engineering Practice G.
Class ContactUp to thirty nine hours per semester.
SyllabusThis unit develops you as a project manager. It considers the following: Putting a project into the context of organisational and business objectives; requirements management; team formation, management and development; negotiation and facilitation skills for project managers; evaluation of a project outcomes; ethics and project management.
- 841AA Graduate Certificate in Business Informatics
- 844AA Graduate Diploma in Business Informatics
- 845AA Master of Business Informatics
- 846AA Master of Information Technology
- 973AA Master of Information Technology and Systems
Unit Level Key:
- 1 - Offered in first year of course curriculum
- 2 - Offered in second year of course curriculum
- 3 - Offered in third year of course curriculum
- 4 - Offered in fourth year of course curriculum
- 5 - Offered in fifth year of course curriculum
- G - Offered in graduate course curriculums
- PG - Offered in postgraduate course curriculums
- R - Offered in research course curriculums
- H - Offered in honours course curriculums