Unit: Multiple Perspectives in Healthcare PG (8046)
|Level: P||Credit Points: 3||Contribution Band: 1, 4, 4, 4, 1, 4, 4|
Availability in 2012: (Also available in: 2010, 2011, 2013, 2014)
- S1 (BRUCE, Face-to-Face)
Class Contact2 hours per week.
SyllabusThis unit focuses on the changing social, economic and policy contexts for health care by examining a range of critical factors that influences and informs the work of health care professionals. It explores evolving demands and expectations on health service delivery in contemporary society including professional standards and responsibilities, research utilisation, patient safety and quality improvement in the context of national and international standards and policies.
Learning OutcomesOn completion of this unit, the student will be able to:
- understand more comprehensively legislation, national and international strategies and trends that influence practice;
- analyse selected threats to patient safety in differing contexts and generate possible; solutions;
- interrogate the concepts of risk and safety from a basis of patient/client centred care, considering legal, moral and ethical perspectives.
- 634AA Master of Advanced Nursing Practice
- 911AA Postgraduate Diploma in Advanced Nursing Practice
- 357AA Postgraduate Diploma in Critical Care Nursing
- 359AA Postgraduate Diploma in Mental Health Nursing
Unit Level Key:
- 1 - Offered in first year of course curriculum
- 2 - Offered in second year of course curriculum
- 3 - Offered in third year of course curriculum
- 4 - Offered in fourth year of course curriculum
- 5 - Offered in fifth year of course curriculum
- G - Offered in graduate course curriculums
- PG - Offered in postgraduate course curriculums
- R - Offered in research course curriculums
- H - Offered in honours course curriculums