Unit: Physiotherapy in the Community PG (6460)
|Level: P||Credit Points: 3||Contribution Band: 2|
Availability in 2012: Not offered (Also available in: 2013)
PrerequisiteMusculoskeletal Interventions 3 PG, Neurological Interventions 2 PG.
SyllabusThis unit will develop the students ability to manage problems in a variety of different community settings. These health care settings may include rural and remote communities, indigenous communities, mental health services, industry, multidisciplinary teams, and private physiotherapy businesses and sports venues. Challenges associated with provision of physiotherapy services in a variety of health care settings will also be examined.
Class ContactUp to six hours contact per week lecture, tutorial or equivalent.
Learning OutcomesCompletion of this unit will enable students to:
1. Assess and interpret assessment for a variety of individuals within the community;
2. Plan, and implement physiotherapy interventions;
3. Modify as appropriate within the available resources of a variety of different heath care settings;
4. The student will understand the issues relevant to provision of physiotherapy services in a range of different health care settings, and a variety of cultures;
5. In clinical practice the student will be able to analyse resources and geographic issues pertinent to service delivery for the specific needs of the client or group;
- 768AA Master of Physiotherapy
Unit Level Key:
- 1 - Offered in first year of course curriculum
- 2 - Offered in second year of course curriculum
- 3 - Offered in third year of course curriculum
- 4 - Offered in fourth year of course curriculum
- 5 - Offered in fifth year of course curriculum
- G - Offered in graduate course curriculums
- PG - Offered in postgraduate course curriculums
- R - Offered in research course curriculums
- H - Offered in honours course curriculums