Unit: Health Professional Practice 2 PG (6454)
|Level: P||Credit Points: 3||Contribution Band: 2|
Availability in 2012: Not offered (Also available in: 2013, 2014)
PrerequisiteHealth Professional Practice 1 PG.
SyllabusThis unit continues the study of health issues and practices in health care service delivery as they affect the health professional. The ethical and legal issues that govern the health professional are discussed and explored. The unit will facilitate the understanding of the transition between acute and long-term management of the patient. Issues pertaining to quality and safety for the health care professional will be discussed. Profession specific curriculum may be required.
Learning OutcomesOn completion of this unit students will:
- understand the ethical and legal issues, and be able to demonstrate application of this knowledge in professional practice;
- appreciate the multidisciplinary nature of health care and demonstrate an ability to liaise with other health professionals to provide long-term management strategies for the patient;
- apply the requirements of quality and safety in health care; and
- understand basic principles of resource management in the professional context.
Class ContactUp to three hours per week lecture or equivalent.
- 959AA Master of Exercise Science
- 132JA Master of Occupational Therapy
- 767AA Master of Pharmacy
- 768AA Master of Physiotherapy
Unit Level Key:
- 1 - Offered in first year of course curriculum
- 2 - Offered in second year of course curriculum
- 3 - Offered in third year of course curriculum
- 4 - Offered in fourth year of course curriculum
- 5 - Offered in fifth year of course curriculum
- G - Offered in graduate course curriculums
- PG - Offered in postgraduate course curriculums
- R - Offered in research course curriculums
- H - Offered in honours course curriculums