Unit: Musculoskeletal Interventions 2 PG (6453)
|Level: P||Credit Points: 3||Contribution Band: 2|
Availability in 2012: Not offered (Also available in: 2013, 2014, 2015)
SyllabusThis unit introduces students to physiotherapy management in disorders of the human spine following a patient-centred approach. Students will study the pathophysiology and orthopaedic management of common spinal disorders. Students will continue to develop the clinical reasoning and practical skills required for assessment and intervention.
Learning OutcomesAfter completing this unit, students will be able to undertake a subjective and objective patient assessment and from this information plan and implement an appropriate treatment program. Students will have a systematic approach to interpreting medical images, and reading and interpreting reports. Knowledge and skills in effective selection, safe implementation and use of a range of interventions will be further developed. Students will be able to apply methods of measuring the outcome of these interventions. These competencies will be demonstrated and integrated into clinical physiotherapy practice.
Class ContactTwo hours per week lecture or equivalent; up to four hours per week tutorial/practical work; up to 160 hours clinical placement over a year.
PrerequisiteMusculoskeletal Interventions 1PG, Neuromuscular Interventions PG.
- 768AA Master of Physiotherapy
Unit Level Key:
- 1 - Offered in first year of course curriculum
- 2 - Offered in second year of course curriculum
- 3 - Offered in third year of course curriculum
- 4 - Offered in fourth year of course curriculum
- 5 - Offered in fifth year of course curriculum
- G - Offered in graduate course curriculums
- PG - Offered in postgraduate course curriculums
- R - Offered in research course curriculums
- H - Offered in honours course curriculums