Unit: Evidence Based Practice PG (6451)
|Level: P||Credit Points: 3||Contribution Band: 2|
Availability in 2012: Not offered (Also available in: 2013, 2014)
SyllabusIn this unit the ability to critically appraise research into the diagnosis and treatment of conditions treated by physiotherapists is developed, and application of epidemiological research to the management of individual patients is learned.
Class ContactOne hour per week lecture/tutorial or equivalent; two hours of seminars.
Learning OutcomesThis unit provides students with the capacity to evaluate and apply an evidence based approach to physiotherapy patient management. This competency will be demonstrated and integrated into clinical physiotherapy practice.
Unit Level Key:
- 1 - Offered in first year of course curriculum
- 2 - Offered in second year of course curriculum
- 3 - Offered in third year of course curriculum
- 4 - Offered in fourth year of course curriculum
- 5 - Offered in fifth year of course curriculum
- G - Offered in graduate course curriculums
- PG - Offered in postgraduate course curriculums
- R - Offered in research course curriculums
- H - Offered in honours course curriculums