Every donation we receive from supporters of this research is extremely important and valued. We believe that the collective efforts of an entire community can have a significant impact on the progression of this research and the speed at which we can revolutionise cancer treatments and patient care.
The below table outlines the impact that funding can have on advancing the University of Canberra cancer research.
Every donation, large or small, goes a long way. If you would like to make a large donation to help fast track the below goals, please get in touch with our team.
| Funding will: |
- construct a purpose-built, state-of-the-art building for liquid biopsy diagnostics and personalised medicine with an in-house oncology unit.
- Develop an online database, allowing oncologists to match a patient signature from our lab's novel diagnostics to a defined series of signatures stored online to guide the treatments
- Form a pre-clinical drug screen laboratory for pharmaceuticals for viral diagnostics and therapy
- Automate an optimise platforms for tracking of patient progression as early intervention is key for survival
- Attract highly skilled specialists to Canberra to develop novel liquid biopsy based robotic platforms
- Enable purchase of critical equipment for cancer screening
- Adapt these platforms for drug screening for personalised medicine
- Build a cancer signature database for therapeutics and diagnostics for a broad range of cancers and therapies
- Develop and refine novel companion therapy and diagnostic technology for immunotherapy
- Refine and develop targeted therapeutics and companion diagnostics that identify which drugs can pass the blood–brain barrier