There are nine Distinguished Alumni Award categories, open to graduates of the University of Canberra (includes Canberra College of Advanced Education). To help prepare your nomination please use the PDF sample as a guide only.
|Award|| Selection Criteria |
Chancellor's Alumni Award
in recognition of outstanding impact and achievement
- Demonstrate substantial and significant professional contribution to the national and/or international community through one or more of:
- Leadership, recognition and standing within their field or profession
- Advancement of knowledge and innovative practices (including research and development, in the related knowledge context)
- Advancement of professional practice
- An active contribution and commitment to the community.
Chancellor's Young Alumni Award
in recognition of leadership and early professional development
- Be aged 35 years or younger on 1 January 2019
- Demonstrate outstanding achievement and/or contribution to any field; and/or
- Demonstrate initiative and excellence in any other endeavor that has positively impacted the national and/or international community.
Chancellor's Award for Contribution to Sport
in recognition of outstanding achievement in sport and contribution to sport
- Demonstrate substantial and significant contribution to the national and/or international community through one or more of:
- Leadership, recognition and standing within their sporting profession
- Advancement of knowledge and innovative practices in sport
- Outstanding commitment to demonstrating a positive contribution to people, family and communities and the important role of sport in their lives.
Chancellor's Award for Service and Philanthropy
in recognition of exceptional contribution to society through service and philanthropy
- Demonstrate substantial and significant contribution to the building or fair, prosperous and sustainable communities, nationally and/or internationally, through service or philanthropy.
Alumni Excellence Award
in recognition of outstanding achievement in professional practice by a graduate, in their chosen field
- Demonstrate excellence, innovation or creativity in one of the following fields with emphasis on originality, lasting value, aesthetic value, cultural or social benefit and impact to the community or professional field
- Arts & Design
- Business, Government & Law
- Science & Technology
- The nominee must be a graduate of the University of Canberra
- Nominees can be nominated in multiple categories
- Nominees cannot win more than one category
- Nominees must be of good public standing and have a positive relationship with the University
- Nominees must be available to accept their award at the gala dinner on Saturday 26 October 2019 (this will be a requirement to progress to shortlisting)