University Access Programs
These programs have been designed to make it easier for students
- to successfully gain admission to the University of Canberra
- to ease the transition from school to university and
- to study more successfully in their first year at UC.
If you have already successfully completed certain specified units at one of these tertiary institutions, we will give you credit points towards your University of Canberra degree.
- More about Australian Credit Transfer Arrangements
- More about International Credit Arrangements
- Other ways to get credit points for previous tertiary study including Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL).
We give bonus ATAR points to some categories of applicants. More about Special Consideration here.
Student Equity and Access Programs
A range of outreach programs and services to support students from various backgrounds, e.g. rural and remote students, migrants, refugees, and “first-in-family” students to attend University. More about Student Equity and Access programs here.
University preparation and special programs to help you succeed in your first year at UC. More about Transition Support here.
Staff and students at UC High School Kaleen and UC Senior Secondary College benefit from their close relationship with the University. More about UC Schools here.
University of Canberra College
UC College offers a range of programs which when successfully completed will guarantee students a place in the second year of a relevant bachelor degree course. More about UC College here.
Other Access Programs
Principal's Recommendation Scheme. If a school or college principal recognises that a student has the aptitude to go on to higher education, they can recommend that student to the University for consideration
Dean's Recommendation Scheme. See under Special Consideration.