Skip to main content Skip to navigation

MyUC Portal

If you are having problems logging in, please contact the service desk

Terms & Conditions

The use of the MyUC Portal is governed by the policies and rules of the University of Canberra and appropriate legislation of the ACT and Commonwealth.

Student & Staff Login

Student & Staff Login
Forgotten your password?

University Access Programs

Print this page

Credit Points for Previous Tertiary Study and RPL


Search the Credit Transfer Database List of Arrangements

You can find out if you are eligible to receive credit for previously completed qualifications without requiring further approval.

There are two ways you can search for a credit transfer arrangement in the Credit Transfer database.

  1. By telling us a bit about your educational background and qualification or;
  2. By browsing for relevant credit transfer arrangements under a UC course and the name of the institution (if available) where you completed your studies.


Credit Transfer (also known as Articulation or Advanced Standing) is the acknowledgement of prior learning undertaken outside of your chosen UC award. Approved credit may contribute to satisfying the requirements of a University of Canberra (UC) award. Credit may be awarded on the basis of a previously completed or partially completed formal learning program or qualification or, in limited instances, as recognition of informal learning.

Credit transfer arrangements exist between numerous University of Canberra courses and external companion courses at partner institutions both in Australia and overseas.

CREDIT for previous studies

You may seek credit for previous studies completed at UC or another institution. You will need to consult with your faculty to determine eligibility, approval and a future study plan.

The completed credit application form needs to be lodged at the Student Centre in Building 1. An official transcript of results (original or certified copy) must be attached to the credit application form. You should not enrol into any units for which you are seeking credit or exemption.

International students:

  • Must ensure the study plan allows full time enrolment
  • Must consult with International Student Advisors in regards to any changes to visa duration.


Decisions on admissions and credit may take into account learning experience from sources other than Australian Qualifications Framework qualifications. Examples include learning from work experience and learning from non-credentialed courses. Contact your faculty for RPL-based credit and the Student Centre for information on RPL-based admission.

Specific advice

For further information on academic credit you will need to contact your Course Convener. If you do not know who this is please contact the revelant Faculty for information. 

Need to email us? Want to ask a question? Use Ask UC

ask uc logo