FAQs for international students and UC staff
- All NEW undergraduate and postgraduate students at the University of Canberra, University of Canberra College and Year 12 students at the University of Canberra Senior Secondary College, Lake Ginninderra are eligible to receive a free copy of the 2019 UC Book of the Year, The Natural Way of Things in print.
- All permanent University of Canberra staff who are employed at the time of the launch (November 2018) are eligible to receive a free copy of the 2019 UC Book of the Year. All sessional staff employed under contract as at 1st November 2018 will also receive the free book.
- All commencing INTERNATIONAL undergraduate and postgraduate students and eligible staff will receive an email, providing instructions on how to access their free copy of The Natural Way of Things.
- Staff will receive an email after the offer date or when they start and are provided with a canberra.edu.au email address.
- Yes, all commencing undergraduate and postgraduate students in 2019 are required to read The Natural Way of Things.
- Different courses will incorporate the concepts and content of the book in different ways, and there are several activities planned for the year for which students will need to have read the book.
- You are also encouraged to share your thoughts about the book on-line, and to make new friends discussing the book with staff and students. But besides that, it is a terrific book, so don't be the only person not knowing what all the fuss is about.
- If you are a commencing INTERNATIONAL undergraduate or postgraduate student at the University of Canberra or commencing student at the University of Canberra College, please make sure you have activated your student email account and check your inbox for your email. If you have not received the email please:
- Check the deleted items folder in your UC staff or student email account for the email offer.
- If you are not a commencing INTERNATIONAL undergraduate or postgraduate student you will not receive the book as part of the project but can borrow the book from UC Library or purchase the book from the Co-op bookshop on the UC campus.
- Otherwise, for technical issues please contact UCBookProject@canberra.edu.au providing your name and student ID number and explain that you have not received your email.
- Your emails are on their way. Once they have been sent we will let you know!
- Additional copies of The Natural Way of Things can be purchased at the Co-op Bookshop on the UC campus. An e-version can be purchased from your preferred e-book supplier.
- The University of Canberra encourages you to share the UC Book of the Year with family and friends. However, if you have read the book and do not wish to keep it, a recycle collection point is available at UC Library, Building 8.
Please note that The Natural Way of Things explores deep and emotional themes. If you feel that you need to discuss any of these issues as they relate to you personally, it is recommended that you contact one of the following services: