FAQs for domestic students
- All NEW undergraduate and postgraduate students at the University of Canberra, University of Canberra College and Year 12 students at the University of Canberra Senior Secondary College, Lake Ginninderra are eligible to receive a free copy of the 2019 UC Book of the Year, The Natural Way of Things in print.
- All permanent University of Canberra staff who are employed at the time of the launch (November 2018) are eligible to receive a free copy of the 2019 UC Book of the Year. All sessional staff employed under contract as at 1st November 2018 will also receive the free book.
- All commencing DOMESTIC undergraduate and postgraduate students will have their free copy of The Natural Way of Things mailed to their residential address.
- Yes, all commencing undergraduate and postgraduate students in 2019 are required to read The Natural Way of Things.
- Different courses will incorporate the concepts and content of the book in different ways, and there are several activities planned for the year for which students will need to have read the book.
- You are also encouraged to share your thoughts about the book on-line, and to make new friends discussing the book with staff and students. But besides that, it is a terrific book, so don't be the only person not knowing what all the fuss is about.
- If you are a commencing DOMESTIC undergraduate or postgraduate student at the University of Canberra or commencing student at the University of Canberra College, you will have the book mailed to your residential address.
- If you are not a commencing DOMESTIC undergraduate or postgraduate student you will not receive the book as part of the project but can borrow the book from UC Library or purchase the book from the Co-op bookshop on the UC campus.
- Otherwise, please contact UCBookProject@canberra.edu.au providing your name and student ID number and explain that you have not received the hard copy of the book in your residential mailing address.
- Additional copies of The Natural Way of Things can be purchased at the Co-op Bookshop on the UC campus. An e-version can be purchased from your preferred e-book supplier.
- The University of Canberra encourages you to share the UC Book of the Year with family and friends. However, if you have read the book and do not wish to keep it, a recycle collection point is available at UC Library, Building 8.
- Read the FAQ items above, these address most issues encountered when attempting to access the UC Book.
- Asking an Advisor
- Contact UCbookproject@canberra.edu.au
Please note that The Natural Way of Things explores deep and emotional themes. If you feel that you need to discuss any of these issues as they relate to you personally, it is recommended that you contact one of the following services: