Mara, Dr Jocelyn
Lecturer in Sports Analytics, Discipline of Sport and Exercise Science
Faculty of Health
Bldg, Floor & Room: 12, C3b
Telephone: (02) 6201 5929
Facsimile: (02) 6201 5753
Following her undergraduate studies, Jocelyn undertook a post-graduate position at the Australian Institute of Sport as a Performance Analysis Scholar where she provided performance analysis servicing to a number of sports including swimming, football, netball and water polo. From 2013-2016 Jocelyn completed a PhD in the performance analysis of elite female soccer players. During this time Jocelyn was the performance analyst for the Canberra United Football Club, which involved conducting GPS analysis of players during training and matches. Jocelyn is currently a Lecturer in Sports Analytics at the University of Canberra.
Areas of Teaching
- Performance Analysis
- Sports Analytics
- Athlete Monitoring
- Data Analysis in Sport
- Load monitoring of elite soccer players during matches and training
- Validity of player tracking systems
- Performance analytics of team sports
- 2016, Doctor of Philosophy in Health, University of Canberra
- 2012, Bachelor of Sports Studies (Honours), University of Canberra
- 2011, Bachelor of Coaching Science, University of Canberra
- Mara, JK., Thompson, KG., Pumpa, KL. (2016). The Physical And Physiological Characteristics Of Various-Sided Games In Elite Female Soccer. International Journal of Sports Physiology and Performance, (In Press).
- Alexander JP., Hopkinson, T., Wundersitz, D., Serpell, BG., Mara, JK., Ball, NB. (2016). Validity of a wearable accelerometer device to measure average acceleration values during high speed running. Journal of Strength and Conditioning Research, (In Press).
- Mara, JK., Thompson, KG, Pumpa, KL. (2015). Periodisation and Physical Performance in Elite Female Soccer Players. International Journal of Sports Physiology and Performance.10(5): 664-669.
- Mara, JK., Thompson, KG., Pumpa, KL. (2015) Assessing the Energy Expenditure of Elite Female Soccer Players: A Preliminary Study. Journal of Strength and Conditioning Research. 29(10): 2780-2786.
- Mara, JK., Wheeler, K., And Lyons, K. (2012) Attacking Strategies in High Level Women's Football. International Journal of Sports Science and Coaching, 7(3): 564-577.
- Australian Institute of Sport Prize, 2011